Get your Wellington region rental property assessed by Sustainability Trust to make sure it is warm, dry and compliant.
What's included in the assessment?
- Insulation assessment (ceiling and underfloor) against current regulations
- Smoke alarm assessment against current regulations and install if required
- Heating assessment
- Ventilation and moisture assessment
- Statement of Insulation for tenancy agreements
- Factsheets on keeping rental homes healthy
- Photos of roof space and underfloor for verification
- In-home education advice for the tenant about how to keep a healthy home
Who can get it?
Anyone who is renting out a residential property to someone else - landlords. The information is shared with you, the landlord, but not the tenant unless requested. However, it is now the law that you must provide a Statement of Insulation in new or renewed tenancy agreements.
How much does it cost?
$110 + GST per property, or free if you install insulation with us. We offer discounts to property managers or landlords with multiple properties. *Smoke alarms cost $30+GST, and are installed at assessment so the rental is safe and compliant straight away.
What if my property doesn't meet regulation?
We can help you upgrade it with our insulation services and will refund your assessment fee. See the Insulation page for more.
Our in-house Home Energy Assessors are experienced and trained in the Residential Tenancies Act and requirements for landlords. Combined with Sustainability Trust's expertise in creating warm, dry and healthy homes, this assessment helps improve any protect rental investments and homes for tenants.
Get in touch if you would like to know more about home energy efficiency or our advice for landlords.